recipe: salmon poke bowl
Serves: 2 people | Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: N/A
- 300g sashimi grade salmon, skin and bones removed
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1.5 tsp Chinese cooking wine (shaoxing wine) or mirin
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds, plus extra to serve
- 1 stalk spring onion, finely sliced
- 4 baby cucumbers
- ½ cup edamame beans, deshelled
- 5 radishes
- ½ avocado
- 2/3 cup cooked sushi rice
- Micro herbs, to serve (optional)
- Dice salmon into one centimetre cubes and place into a bowl. Add soy sauce, sesame oil, Chinese cooking wine, salt, black sesame seeds and half the spring onion. Toss to combine, cover and place into the fridge to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Prepare vegetables by slicing the cucumbers and radishes. Remove skin from avocado.
- To serve, divide sushi rice among two bowls and arrange with marinated salmon, cucumbers, edamame beans, sliced radish and avocado. Sprinkle with remaining sliced spring onions, extra black sesame seeds and micro herbs. Serve immediately.
- You can swap the salmon in this recipe for raw tuna or kingfish. Just make sure it is sashimi grade quality.
- If raw fish is not for you, swap with cooked chicken, tofu, or cooked fish.
- Other vegetables that would work well: finely sliced purple cabbage, carrot, corn kernels, leafy greens, red onion, or pickled vegetables.
nutrition per serve
1,948 kJ | 464 kcal | 14.6g Carbs | 38g Pro | 29g Fat
Image and recipe by Eatnik at eatnik.com.au
© My health for life
share this article