now, here's how to put a spring into your step
Spring is a great time of year to change up your routine and shake off the winter blues.
Embrace the longer, warmer days and get outside to enjoy the fresh air. Rethink your physical activity to take advantage of the change in temperature. Studies have identified that time spent around nature can decrease stress levels and even have positive effect on blood pressure – awesome motivation for taking your physical activity outside this spring!
Here are a few ways to get you started.
- Get out and garden. Working in the garden is a great form of gentle to moderate physical activity, and your plants will love it too! If you don’t have your own little patch of earth, check to see if there is a local community garden or park program you can join.
- Take a twilight walk and enjoy a sunset. A twilight walk can be a lovely way to unwind from a busy day while also getting some gentle exercise.
- Get into the water with aqua aerobics, aqua Zumba, water running, or even try something different like stand-up paddle boarding.
- Try something different such as Tai Chi, yoga out under the trees, walking groups and park runs. Check out your local council website to find out what might be available in your local area.
- Enjoy the season and the opportunity for more social activities and get-togethers. A game of backyard cricket, ball or some outdoor activities with friends and family can be a great way to round off a fun-filled day.
share this article