Looking after yourself in the lead up to the busiest time of the year
Blink and before you know it the holiday season will be upon us. For many of us, this joyful time can also be one of the busiest so it is important that you take time to enjoy it and minimise the stress.
Looking after yourself when things become busy is key to maintaining good overall health and wellbeing. To avoid feeling overwhelmed and exhausted by January, try these handy tips:
- Prioritise your time. Separate your priority activities from the less important. It sounds simple enough but it can be easy to take too much on at this time of year.
- Make sure you get enough sleep – another important factor for this time of year as it helps with resilience.
- Don’t abandon physical activity – often one of the first things to drop off when people get busy. Try to keep up your physical activity as much as possible, activity releases feel good chemicals which can help decrease your stress.
- Go easy on the alcohol and don’t let the time of year be an excuse to over indulge.
- Choose the healthier options at social engagements whenever you can. Eating too many discretionary choices over the busy lead up to the holidays can leave you feeling sluggish.
Most importantly, enjoy time spent with family and friends and have some fun!
share this article