7 ways to stay healthy in the cooler months
- Get a flu shot, particularly if you are around the elderly or children a lot. Make sure your other immunisations, such as whooping cough and measles are up to date.
- Remember to wash your hands regularly (for about 20 seconds) with soap and water or a sanitiser gel. Some say it should take about as long as it does to sing a rendition of happy birthday!
- Dispose of dirty tissues quickly and don’t keep them in your pocket or handbag.
- Keep door knobs, kitchen benches and phones clean from virus using antibacterial sprays or wipes.
- Eat plenty of veggies and keep hydrated with water.
- Enjoy exercise and fresh air in the great outdoors, even it it’s a brisk 15-minute walk in the morning.
- Be kind to yourself. Get quality sleep and think of strategies to stress less.
share this article